Monday, October 6, 2008

His favorite month...


Today my wonderful hubby turns one year older. This fall will mark the 11th year since our "romantic" relationship began. It is crazy to think it's been so long...and to tell ya the truth I am starting to feel a little old. Maybe it's just the annoying little gray hair that keeps coming back in the same exact spot on the top of my head!

Hubby has never actually told me that October is his favorite month...but I would bet some serious cash it is. It is just a bonus that his b-day happens to fall in this month. The month that he gets to start spending time w/the ducks again. Yes, I will become a duck hunter's widow on Saturday. I support him because I know just how much he loves it. I mean there is not one day that our conversation does not veer towards decoys, duck boats, duck hunting buddies, duck calls, shotguns, water where ducks go, fields where ducks or geese could be, flying patterns, feeding habits, ducks, ducks, ducks. I think you get the idea.

It was so fun celebrating daddy's b-day with LnL this year. They loved decorating with streamers, making birthday cards, helping him blow out the candles, and eating cake! It was so sweet when LK met "my daddy" (he belongs to her and no one else!) at the door with Happy Birthday daddy! When we finished singing LJ kept singing and singing the words to "Happy birthday". It was the sweetest little thing!

So...birthday wishes go out to my sweet husband who deals w/me on the days when I think I am going to lose my mind and somehow makes it all a little better.

3 comments:

twolilsweetpeas said...

Cute Dress!!! Not what I pictured but I REALLY like!

Adorable picture of LnL making cards! Can't wait for that day!

And along comes three... said...

Awwww...how sweet....my little brother is getting so old...guess that means I am too?!?! Love the picture of LnL with their Daddy...too cute! I was going to ask if you're preggos or at least trying...cause I figured that's the only way you would have let E go on such a long trip...I told him to kiss the ground you walk on!

The "C" Chronicles said...

Is that duck dead? Whoa. Happy 3-1 EG! And a big quack-quack to the rest of the fam!