Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall...what's that?

Those of us that live in MI are feeling slighted by mother nature (and the economy)...we really didn't get much of a summer and then had to bust out the winter coats in early OCTOBER! Luckily, we managed to fit a few fall festivities in here and there between the cold spurts. Above is a picture of the sun burning frost off our fence. When I first glanced out the window I thought the fence was on fire! I'll be posting about our fall outings in the next few posts.

One of my students helps his family run a local petting farm and we stopped by in September. LJ was on cloud nine since he got to sit in all the tractors...even the combine!!! Unfortunately, they were not John Deere tractors...but he was still SO EXCITED! The kids held baby chicks and bunnies. They also fed the goats and petted baby pigs and baby goats. They also had their first horse ride...so brave!






Stay tuned for more fall festivities...


SIDE NOTE: As most of the readers know, we will be adding to the family in a month or so. I am trying to decide what to do with the blog since I will no longer be JUST the momof twinz....either re-name or start a whole new one...that is the question?

1 comment:

And along comes three... said...

Wow...it's cold there! Yikes...my kiddos would hate it since they live to be outside! Love the pics...LJ looks like he's in heaven! As for the blog...just rename it...far easier!