Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh Yeah Baby!

First week of summer vacay - "Oh Yeah Baby!!!" These three words have become LJ's favorite new saying the past few months. I laugh out loud everytime he says it.

We have accomplished quite a bit in our first week off school. Let's see we started by hitting the Children's Museum. We try to use our membership as often as possible, but it's alot easier to make it there when I'm off work. This was the first time I have taken all 3 kids alone and, I must say, it turned out much better than expected! We had a blast. There was some children's zumba going on and LK jumped at the chance to dance away! At one point, she was the only child dancing and became the star of the show...it was hilarious! Usually LK is the one that loves the art stations, but this time they were painting a real car outside and LJ was in heaven!



The next day, I had to haul the kids into school to finish up some cleaning in my classroom. That was a chore, but luckily it was followed by a much needed playdate with some of my BFF's and their kiddos at the park. Everyone had a great time, but unfortunately I have no pics :-(

Hubby and I took LJ and LK to see Shrek 3 one afternoon while Grandma watched EJ. It was relaxing to get away with just the two of them. We followed it up with dinner at a local sports grill where Hubby and I both won at Keno (that never happens)!

We also made it to the Children's Zoo our first week off. The kids absolutely love this place and we go there quite often. It was my nephew's birthday so my sister, my mom, and myself had 6 kids with us. That evening we had a pool party for my nephew which was a ton of fun for the kids (alot of work for me since hubby was not there).


This morning we went strawberry picking which turned out to be alot of fun. Hubby has only had one day off this whole week so it has basically just been me and the kids. One of my friends joined us this morn with her kids so that was nice! LJ and LK were so excited to fill up their dishes with strawberries. At one point, I looked over to see LJ belly-up to a strawberry patch filling his face. It was so cute! We had strawberry shortcake for dessert tonight.




Let's see...what else...we started the summer reading program at the library, busted out the backyard pool a few times, and after all this I am ready for a day of relaxation!! Unfortunately, I don't see one in the near future. The kids start swimming lessons next week so stay tuned for updates!

And this one...

Thank goodness he is so easy-going everywhere I haul him around! That look just melts my heart! He is growing MUCH too fast!!

p.s. I've been "commentless" for quite some time now. Even if I have no readers I will continue to blog just because it is really the only journaling I do, and I think someday I will print these pages off and maybe my children will cherish it. Also, I love to go back and look at old posts. My point here is that I happen to know my hubby reads this from time to time....honey, I would love a comment :-).

p.s.s. I always remember a special person on this day. I know that "grammy" is always watching over my kids. We love you and miss you.

4 comments:

The one who works said...

I will comment, even though you've made me seem as if I'm some sort of absentee father in this blog post!!!! Hey, somebody has to make money in this family. (ME) Nice post. I think people just got used to you not posting, so they stopped checking....? Nice pics, nice post. Let's see them more often, and with some pics of your hot husband...when I get a day off.

mom4inspiration said...

Wow, you have been busy. I wish I had that energy right now with the kids out of school, I was lucky to make it to the zoo and then I was useless the rest of the day, lol:)

2bigand3smallWheelers said...

I will comment as well..... I love to read (and to see pics) of you and the kids. I gives me something to look forward to as mine get bigger and older. (and we can venture out to fun places with out running away and help from sisters and nanny!!!) Target and Walmart are my favorite places, because they have toddler buggies, so I and strap them in(: Keep up this GREAT blog, it is good for you, it shows what a GOOD mom you are. Have a great Summer, I hope to make a trip up this summer to see my grandma in kzoo, going to try to make it HOME for a day or two.

And along comes three... said...

Has it really been 5 years that she's been gone....we still miss her like it was yesterday...

Hugs and Kisses!