Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas memories to remember!




This past Christmas was one filled with great times, family, friends, and also some unexpected moments. I was hoping the babies would tear into their gifts...not so much :-). They were interested in opening one gift at the most. Then, playing with the wrapping paper become a main focus. LJ was still happily content playing with an old ball, as was LK with her old books. Oh Well! Needless to say, my nieces and nephews did not complain about this since they opened all of the leftover gifts. Christmas was magical for me as a parent. I can't explain how amazing it is to watch the awe in their faces when a Christmas tree lit up, or the excitement of seeing so many people in the same room at the same time, or the absolute contentment of listening to a packed church sing Silent Night. Next year, we hope to start some family traditions...we just have to think of what they will be!




Also, I started a fire in my parents new oven on Christmas Day. I decided to make a sweet potato casserole that called for marshmallows on the top. Well, let's just say, my one minute broil should have been more like 10 seconds. The house smelled of burnt S'mores. There were actual flames...thank goodness my dad has some serious lungs and blew out the fire! We were all dying laughing once the flames were out. Another Christmas memory that will never be forgotten. Oh yeah, and once I scraped off the burnt mallow, the casserole turned out to be pretty yummy-believe it or not!

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

Oh Beth that is so funny about the fire! Well, now it's funny knowing that your dad was able to blow it out. Those are some serious lungs!

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful Christmas with your family. You babes are such gifts!

(glad to see photos!)