Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow Day!



Ask any teacher...the minute we see snowflakes in the sky we begin to calculate the chances of a SNOW DAY! In my experience, in order to achieve a snow day the timing must be perfect, along with the conditions. Teachers begin to hope the snow will last long enough into the night that road crews just won't be able to keep up. If there are no weather advisories on before we go to bed, the least we can do is hope for a 2-hour delay!

I woke up to hubby telling me "no school". It is almost just as wonderful, if not better, hearing those words now than when I was a student. Not that I can crawl back into bed or anything...LJ woke around 6:15. Still, I was given a "free day". A day to spend with my fam! I did get a couple things accomplished...worked on some lesson plans, re-arranged some furniture, did some laundry, etc.

SNOW DAYS ARE A BLESSING!

Latest with L-n-L

  • LK can now climb up onto the changing table--she does it in lightning speed as well. It has been a savior to our backs for the past 17 mos. and we are now forced to take it down. All dressing/diapers will soon be done on the floor.
  • LJ threw about 10 bites of his pancake at me today. I was not happy. This is not new...he throws food at me all the time. I don't know how to stop this behavior...HELP!
  • LJ is starting to repeat more and more words...at least attempt to repeat them anyway. He clearly says BOO.
  • Today my babies hugged each other. It made my heart melt. They have been irritating/teasing each other to the limit lately, so this was nice to see.

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

I wish I had Snow Days! I do really like it when Ed can be home with me though, so I do get excited for Snow Days too.

Hey, I thought of you when I saw this tutorial. Would be cute to do for LK

http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2007/06/this_house_is_w.html