Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Me Time!

Each year I have the opportunity to attend an educational conference with a couple of my colleagues. The location switches back and forth each year from Grand Rapids to Detroit so I always manage to find a little shopping time! I will be staying with a close friend who lives in G.R. so I am excited for that as well. Hopefully, we will get some dinner and drinks if time allows. I am always really excited for this conference because I come back with tons of teaching ideas and just end up feeling a little refreshed! The only problem is I have been limping around since yesterday morning! I think I may have broken my toe! As I was hurdling a baby gate, LK ran in front of me so I was forced to dodge her...the whole thing wasn't pretty all. Anyhow, my entire foot is black and blue! I will not let this spoil my overnight "me time" though!


The photo above is from a photo contest I entered at the conference last year. I was just playing around with the camera and took this shot of a chandelier. I ended up being a runner- up and winning a prize! The story behind this photo is hilarious, but much too long for me to share at this time. I'm going to try again this year!

I will post when I return!

1 comment:

Knitterella said...

That is a great photo Beth! I can see why you won a prize for that one. Look forward to seeing what you shoot this time.

Gosh, your foot doesn't sound good at all! I hope it isn't broken and that it is feeling better today.

Have a fun and saft triip to GR and say hello to that friend of yours ;)