Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A whole new yard!


The old grass was dug up, the ground was leveled, the sod has been laid, and now it is up to us to keep it looking great! Not that you all care about my yard or anything...but it was kind of exciting for us.
Here is our old YUCKY yard below

LJ's thoughts: Whoa...this is definitely NO soccer field! I hope I don't fall on this very hard ground. C'mon mom and dad get it together would ya?? Help a boy out!


LK's thoughts: I'm trying real hard to help daddy out with this stuff they're calling grass. I just can't seem get the mower through all the holes and pickers. We need to do something.

LK's thoughts: I give up...


Weird squirrel's thoughts: This is the perfect yard for me...I am so messed up looking and so is this yard!! (FYI-this squirrel was really in our back yard...isn't he freaky?)
E and B's thoughts: LET'S get a new yard!!!



So, we now have a yard filled with sod that we need to water, water, water in order for it to grow. We have had the sprinkler on all day...I am afraid to see what our water bill is going to look like! Many thanks to the Grass Chopper...you did a great job and we were so glad we didn't have to do all that manual labor!

I am going to leave you with a shot of my peonies that finally popped. I wait every year for them and was so worried they would get dug up! They made it through the construction and I am sure I'll have more pics for you of the peonies in bloom!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy's new summer job.........watering the lawn on the days/nights when Daddy is working!!!! No summer vacation for her! (or me)
I also have to add that this "word verification" business that you have to type before you can leave a message, is getting out of hand. "wigkodkj" this time. It's easier to buy explosives over the internet than it is to post a reply on this blog!!!

And along comes three... said...

Lawn looks fantastic! Just be glad you're not down here or it'd be burned up...a week of straight sun and 99 degree weather...uugh! Can't wait to see the lawn in person and for the kids to all play together on it in July!

The "C" Chronicles said...

WOW! The lawn looks fabulous! I was definitely banking on LJ & LK being in college before that happened! The squirrel is not right. I'm wishing I didn't see that right now. I think they should rename it "letter verification" since they really aren't words anyways. "hmbidg" It stupid really.

Knitterella said...

Beautiful peonie and beautiful yarn! Looks great! (glad you got a good rain today!)