Tuesday, March 10, 2009

House of Germs

Last week at daycare we were warned that a stomach bug was passing thru some of the other children. Saturday morning we met the wrath of this stomach flu. LJ woke up with intense vomiting that carried on throughout the day. Along with the vomiting came the diarheaa...like NON-STOP. LK seemed to be okay, but was experiencing the diarheaa as well. On to day 2, where LJ carried a temp of 103 for about twenty-four hours. Neither Motrin or Tylenol could cut the fever. Day 3, diarheaa both kids; one of which happened with underwear on. What was I thinking???! Day 4, today, LK woke up vomiting. Vomiting some more...then vomiting some more. More diarheaa from both kids. I truly don't want to disgust you be reading this post, but I do feel it is necessary for all of you childless readers out there to truly understand what happens when kids get sick! Now, as a mother of twins, I have dealt with a LOT of poop at one time. Yet, these past few days is by far the worst. To make matters worse, neither Hubby or myself are feeling up to par.



So instead of enjoying 3 days off, which I have been looking forward to since September; I will be staying home with my kids because (as we all know) when you're sick Mommies and Daddies are the best. So today I will be dreaming of Spring and the ocean; both of which we should meet in about 3 weeks!! Can't wait!

3 comments:

And along comes three... said...

Omg! This is the one time when I can happily say "I'm glad that we live a thousand miles away"! Hope you're all feeling better soon! Get rid of the germs before you make your way down to SC!

Knitterella said...

Oh my gosh! How awful! How do you deal with that - not being a mommy yet that just sounds horrid.

I really hope the bug is gone now!

The Barron Family said...

Ugh....I feel for you. The girls have been pukey the past couple days too! I hope you guys all feel better soon!