Sunday, November 30, 2008

Don't Call Me a Slacker..

Yeah, I know it's been awhile...my apologies. Quite a busy week with grades due, kids with Strep, Thanksgiving, and SHOPPING!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. So much to be thankful for... not just on Turkey day...but every day of the year. Case in point...TODAY I am thankful:
  • that LJ is not seriously hurt after taking a dive down our staircase yesterday. Can you say HEART ATTACK??!!
  • for the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner we celebrated over at Pa & Grandma Lynn's house...especially the stuffing.
  • for not sliding into the very scary ditches on our way home from dinner (winter storm warning happening here)
  • for the Elmo Saves Christmas movie that kept my kids occupied today while I had a chance to do some laundry
  • warm house
  • enough money for food
  • healthy family and friends (EVERY SINGLE DAY...thank my lucky stars)
  • online shopping + free shipping



Friday my mom, sister, and I headed out to the shopping centers for Black Friday! Hubby had the kids at home and I had a good time fighting the crowds. Most of the awesome deals were already gone by the time I got to the stores, but I did end up with some pretty good deals.

Overall, our holiday weekend has been busy and wonderful. Now, the Christmas season is upon us and I feel the pressure to create our cards and get our tree and decorations up. The kids are SO excited for Christmas this year. I am not sure if they truly understand how great the holiday is...but the are loving all the holiday songs, lights, decorations, and looking forward to meeting Santy Claus!

3 comments:

The "C" Chronicles said...

Ohhhhh, Elmo Saves Christmas! Glad you made it through the snowy roads. I had a not so fun drive from Flint to GR today. LOVE the Thanksgiving pic of all the kidos!

And along comes three... said...

This is the best age for Xmas....they are just starting to really have fun with all of it! Wish I were there to share every day...but I am THANKFUL that we'll be there for a week after Xmas to get daily hugs from LJ & LK!

The Barron Family said...

Hi - I hope you did some shopping at Target!!! Happy Thanksgiving! :)