4 years ago I was holding two brand new tiny babies in my arms and thanking God for such wonderful blessings. I was also staring at them wondering how we would do as parents of twins. That first night I knew hubby would be an awesome dad. He was up at every grunt, squirm, or cry making sure they were okay. Later that night I also came to the conclusion that we would be great parents. How can you be anything but great when you love something as much as we loved them! I thought to myself...it is SO amazing how your life can change in one day. I always make the comment to newly expecting parents that I wish words could explain the feelings the moment you meet your child...then again I am so glad words cannot. You have to experience it to understand...and that is all there is to it. It changes your life forever, and being a parent is the absolute greatest thing EVER!



We celebrated with family and friends earlier this week with a pirate and mermaid themed party. It was extremely hot, but we all survived! The kids had fun jumping in the bounce house, shooting "cannon balls", searching for treasure, and breaking the pinata. Today for their actual birthday Daddy took them to the local children's zoo while Mommy was at work (boo). Then they came to visit me at work which definitely lifted my spirits! After work we headed over to the local pizza joint and followed up with ice cream.
In the past few months it has becoming increasingly real to me how grown-up my LJ and LK are becoming. Once again, words can't even begin to explain how much LOVE I have for these brand new 4-year olds!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Logan & Lauren!
We HATE that we missed your party!
Love,
Your cousins (Zoe, Carly & Cooper)
Post a Comment