
I am also posting a couple pics of clips that I have purchased at a local boutique...they cost anywhere from 3-9 bucks. One of the clips that I purchased had a thin strip of velcro (the fuzzy side) adhered to the top of the clip. I have also heard of magnets being used. These are all used to help keep the clip in place. Well, I tried something a bit different. I purchased some rubbery shelf liners and just cut a tiny strip to adhere to each of my clips. They seem to work pretty well and do not fall out by any means --- except LK takes the clips out herself!!
Next, I am trying to learn how to do a simple felt. Now, I am no expert with the needles that's for sure!! I can knit a scarf and that's about it. I have knit one swatch and am going to try my hand at felting. I don't even know if I have the right type of yarn. I just grabbed something out of my old stash. Pretty much, I just want to use the felt to create cutesy details for my clips. I wish I knew how to crochet...because then I could do some flowers or something??Lastly...I am still tweaking my blog and it's "look". Having fun with all of this and still struggling to make time.
LnL
This past weekend was spent wiping continuous streams of snot from both LJ and LK. They both have bad colds and horrible ear infections. Doc put both on antibiotics Friday and hopefully we will see the benefits soon. Luckily...neither have encountered fever.
1 comment:
Those clips look great! So cute. What a fun little project. Like your idea of the rubbery liner!
Beth, you HAVE to use 100% WOOL yarn to for felting projects. Only 100 WOOL (and not superwash) will felt. Anything but 100% WOOL will not felt. Had to give you this warning so you don't waste your time and money trying to felt something that won't work. Give me a call if you have any questions.
Love that I'm seeing knitting needles on your post! ;) I heard that book is a good one too.
Post a Comment