Sunday, May 18, 2008

A relaxing Sunday...

I'm laughing at myself for putting the word "relaxing" into something that relates to my life. Anyone that knows toddlers, especially twin toddlers, knows they are anything but relaxing!! I guess I should have used the words "somewhat sane"!
Well, I have posted a couple pics just to give you a little peek at our low-key Sunday we enjoyed today. First, I looked out the back door to see this baby bird perched on one of our patio chairs. He didn't move for like 2 hours. Then I spotted him in the yard. So, I went out to get a closer look. He must have just been learning to fly b/c he let me get SUPER close to him and then he tried to fly. He could only get about 4 ft. in the air. So, we kept an eye on him all day. By dinnertime, he made it all the way up to our deck railing (pictured above). I think he may have made it out of the yard by now. I think I'm going to name him...babybird...creative, right?? Anyhow, hubby says I'm infatuated w/babybird and I need to stop watching him. I don't agree. I hope Babybird comes back tomorrow.
Hubby spent the majority of the day outside working. We are getting new sod in the next 2 weeks, so he had lots of work to prepare for that. LnL were constantly glued to window saying "Daddy, Daddy". Every time they spotted him walk by or outside working they were glued to a window and banging on it. It kinda drove me nuts a little...

We usually "build" with Legos, but today we were walking on the wild side so I busted out the Mega Blocks...crazy, I know. Anyhow, here are LnL having more fun w/the bag than the blocks.


You may recall when I found this baby cradle at a rummage sale. LnL have decided it is much more fun to pretend they are the baby. So, we play this game where we sing Rock-A-Bye baby, rock them, and then they fall out. They love it so much that they actually throw fits when I start to put it away. It's hilarious! Lk always tries to dump LJ before the song is even over!
I also spent a little time admiring my new bag that I ordered from Pockets of Sage. I actually ran across her site, through the Scoutie Girl blog. Anyhow, I loved the fabric so much that I just had to order myself a bag. It came yesterday and I have been trying to decide if I love it or not. I think I love it...but wish it was a little bigger.
That was our day...maybe it wasn't relaxing...but it sure was fun!

4 comments:

Knitterella said...

What a nice Sunday! Sounded perfect.

I love the bag! I love pretty much anything Amy Butler fabric!

The "C" Chronicles said...

Eric's knees are gross. I am LOVING the bag! I'm going to look into one for myself! Hope you don't mind.

The Barron Family said...

Hey - where are you getting sod from? I've got some connections.... Email me.

Inka said...

that bag is very nice! you should love it. :)