
Okay-get your head out of the gutter people! This post is about my oldest child :-) and his obsession with anything that is round and can be rolled, thrown, hit, kicked, etc. Anyone that has met him knows that you can basically hand him a ball and he will be happy forever! He is constantly throwing them, rolling them, kicking them, hitting them, or just carrying them around. He's got quite an arm I must say. First, I will show my case in point with some random pics of LJ w/his most beloved toys. Then, I will explain our funny story from yesterday.





So...a couple weeks ago he took one of his favorite balls outside and I left it on the back deck. He didn't seem to mind that is was out there; in fact I didn't even think he noticed. Yesterday, while we were outside, he spotted the ball. He scooped it up and white knuckled it for the rest of the evening!! Insistant that he carry it inside, it came with us into the house. He held on to it during diaper
change. He held on to it during bottle (yes...they still get a night bottle). Would not let go of the thing! I did take it from him at one point...which turned into a screaming fit and the saddest looking eyes I have ever seen. He just kept saying "ball, ball, ball, ball". Hubby and I gave in and let him hold his ball all night long...even to bed.
change. He held on to it during bottle (yes...they still get a night bottle). Would not let go of the thing! I did take it from him at one point...which turned into a screaming fit and the saddest looking eyes I have ever seen. He just kept saying "ball, ball, ball, ball". Hubby and I gave in and let him hold his ball all night long...even to bed. He held it in his arms as you would a teddy bear!
Finally, after he fell asleep, I snuck into his room and retrieved the ball! Also, I snapped the picture below (couldn't believe how well it turned out...the room was completely dark!!) 

I was worried this little phase would continue...daycare did say he wanted to take a ball to nap and they were confused by that :-). Yet, this evening he was okay going to bed without his ball...thank goodness!
5 comments:
Poor little guy...I can't believe that you deprived him of his ball for all of those days...maybe I should report you for child abuse?! Gotta love my little LJ...bet he makes his Daddy proud. I seem to remember a younger brother who would beg for anyone to go outside and pitch whiffle ball to him for hours on end at a very young age!
That's my boy!! Could've used a different title on this post though Mommy.??. Looks like he's going to follow in his father's footsteps....wait, no that's not good. Hopefully just with the playin' ball thing. I hope...........
I think that is so sweet! Maybe he'll be a future Tiger? They could sure use the help! :)
Catchy title.... :)
GOD that kid is CUTE!...ball obsession and all...!
Post a Comment